Are you conducting a performance appraisal for which you need performance review comments? Here are some sample performance review comments that you can use while conducting a performance evaluation.
Annual performance appraisals are one of the most important times of the year in any company as it allows employees to understand how well they have been doing and how they can enhance their performance. Performance appraisals also help in encouraging an employee and motivating him. The process of employee evaluation is in most companies handled by the human resources department in consultation with person the employee reports to. Different performance appraisal methods are used by different companies for the purpose of annual appraisals, including self-evaluation and evaluation by superiors. This is an important process as it determines the growth of the employee in the organization. Sample review comments serve the purpose of guiding a person drafting a performance review so that they can frame the performance appraisal letter correctly.
Examples of Performance Review Phrases
Performance evaluation comments help the person writing a performance review to put forward an honest opinion about the person being reviewed. It is important that while using performance review comments you do not use unnecessary quotes and comments that do not serve a purpose at all. Employee performance appraisals should not be looked at as something that is feared. But with badly drafted performance evaluations becoming the norm this is the image that has been created for the annual feature.
With sample HR performance review comments as a guide you will be able to ensure that the review form encourages the employee in question and does not negate or downplay his qualities and abilities. In this article, we give you free samples of comments differentiated according to the different skills that are generally reviewed in a performance appraisal.
1. Is an effective communicator who always treats his team members and colleagues with utmost respect. He is capable of giving proper feedback without putting down his team members which has garnered him a lot of respect.
2. Possesses the capability to solve problems easily and communicate solutions to his colleagues effectively.
3. Has good listening abilities and genuinely cares for his colleagues and is always available to help them out with any advise that they need.
Leadership and Team building
1. Has excellent leadership skills which helps him motivate his team and helps build their confidence. He inspires them by setting examples himself.
2. Possesses the ability to make customers or clients, and colleagues be completely at ease by solving any problems that they have.
3. Always appreciates the good work done by his team members which helps in raising their morale.
4. The respect he shows others is also given to him which proclaims his natural leadership qualities.
1. His attitude towards his workplace and his relationships with colleagues are extremely professional without being cold or unapproachable.
2. Always stays ahead of the game by gathering information that will allow him to meet the demands that the market places on the company.
3. Is proactive about developing relationships with people who would be beneficial to the working of the company.
1. Is capable of handling great stress with utmost ease and coming up with solutions that are out-of-the-box.
2. Even in the most stressful situations, he never loses his cool and handles problems without any kind of assistance at all.
1. Is extremely punctual and consistent where all his work is concerned and meets all his targets on time.
2. His punctuality serves as an inspiration to the members of his team, driving them to do better, and achieving their target well ahead of time.
3. Is strict about the schedule his team maintains.
4. Has excellent time management skills that help him judge accurately the time he will take to finish a task at hand.
Now that you have taken a look at some review phrases you should be aware of how you can use these comments while filling up a review form. You should have no problem drafting a well written performance evaluation for the employees you are reviewing.