Performance review comments are an important part of the process of performance appraisal. Here, we give you some examples so that you know how to give your comments during the performance appraisal process.
Commenting on someone else’s performance can be a difficult task, especially if the individual is not able to take it positively. Performance appraisals become necessary to evaluate the performance of employees so that they know the positive and negative qualities, and strive to improve their performance.
Usually the evaluation is carried out to assess an individual’s performance throughout a given year. There are set standards and objectives which are discussed with the employees at the very start of their stint with an organization. The annual performance evaluation is aimed at assessing the employees to the best of their performance, and highlighting the areas of improvement if any.
This is necessary not only for the organizational growth, but also for the overall growth of employees. So, if you are a manager, you need to see to it that you are able to judge an employee’s performance effectively, considering both the negative and positive points.
Examples of Professional Repertoire
- Andrew is highly supportive during team discussions and meetings.
- Kumar is jovial and cheerful while interacting with colleagues and seniors.
- Hamish is soft-spoken but portrays a high level of self-confidence while interacting with seniors and clients.
- Kevin is sensitive and a good listener.
- Proactive and willingly takes responsibility.
- Charles has a can-do attitude.
- Edward is cooperative and eager to help.
- Ross demonstrates scrupulous attention to detail.
- Benjamin can work without being directed.
- Cain thinks about the well-being of other employees.
- Abdul should try to give as much work related information as possible to colleagues and seniors, not only on demand, but also voluntarily.
- There has been numerous instances of animosity between Jacques and other team members, which has led to reduction in overall productivity. So, he should try to cooperate and work together.
Examples of Work Culture
- Caspar is a good team player.
- Christian is proactive and seeks opportunities to learn new things.
- Daniel is highly enthusiastic about work.
- David is a positive personality even under extreme pressure.
- Harris has consistently performed to the best of his abilities throughout the last year. But there were areas where he could have thought of new ways of working and improving the productivity.
- Ian does not take change negatively.
- Derek should work to manage time well.
- Stuart should try and work on improving (issue concerned).
- Has a pleasing personality, is confident and highly professional.
- Takes responsibility for his actions.
Examples of Attendance and Punctuality
- Jim’s attendance and punctuality report shows that he takes his responsibilities very seriously and ensures that he doesn’t miss too many days of work.
- Janet’s attendance and punctuality record is impeccable and she has set a benchmark for others to follow.
- Michael makes it a point to reach office on time. He has not missed too many days of work and at times he has put off some personal tasks to be able to be present at office.
- Swamy’s attendance record shows that he is quite unpredictable and he misses too many days of work.
- There have been too many cases of tardiness and absenteeism in Luke’s report and this has had an impact on the workload on his colleagues.
- Despite repeated warnings, James frequently exceeds his breaks and has not shown any improvement on this.
Examples of Leadership and Teamwork
- Mark has displayed leadership qualities time and again and has been described as “knowledgeable” and “approachable” by his colleagues.
- Marcus has been known to be a team player and he has been the brainchild for various team activities.
- Eugene has always shied away from taking additional tasks and has a tendency of passing the buck around.
- The challenges Gloria faces while working with a team has been a cause of concern for her colleagues.
Examples of Overall Performance
- The overall performance of Nick has been exceptional and he has proved to be one of the most valuable employees.
- Linda has worked her way out this year and her performance has been outstanding.
- Despite suffering from health concerns, Lance has continued to be impressive and has excelled in his tasks.
- Looking at the overall performance of Damien, one feels that he leaves a lot to be desired. He needs to focus on raising his performance in future.
- It can be said that Neil can contribute so much more given the deft and talent he has. We need to work closely with him so that he proves to be an asset to the company.