Being one of the biggest private employers in the world, there are plenty of Walmart jobs available. These jobs can be found on their website, and you can even apply to them from that source.
One of the best options for people looking for employment is to search for Walmart jobs from their official website. The size of operations in Walmart is so large and is diversified to so many countries, that they are always hiring people. At present, there are about 2.1 million people employed by Walmart, and the benefits and perks offered by them make Walmart one of the best employers all over the world.
No matter what your qualifications are, and what your experience is, you can find a fit for yourself in the numerous Walmart job descriptions and opportunities. You can forge a successful career in this organization, and you can grow along with them for many years to come.
- Walmart was founded in 1962, by Sam Walton, and it is one of the biggest, if not the single biggest, chain of discount department retail stores and warehouse stores in the world.
- The headquarters of the organization is in Bentonville, Arkansas.
- In 2010, Walmart was the world’s biggest public corporation based on revenue.
- It also happens to be the largest grocery retailer in the United States and also the biggest private employer with its workforce of over 2 million people.
- In the United States alone, the revenue of Walmart exceeded USD 250 billion in 2009, and Walmart is located in many different countries around the world.
Walmart Job Opportunities
As mentioned above, Walmart employment opportunities are easily available simply due to its massive scale of operations. Given below are the various categories or sectors under which you can apply. The post you will occupy and the salary you will receive will obviously depend on your qualifications and your work experience.
- Accounting/Auditing jobs
- Administrative and Support Services jobs
- Computers Hardware jobs
- Creative/Design jobs
- Engineering jobs
- Environmental Services jobs
- Finance/Economics jobs
- Financial Services jobs
- Human Resources/Recruiting jobs
- Information Technology jobs
- Internet/Ecommerce jobs
- Marketing jobs
- Merchandising jobs
- Merchandising/Sourcing jobs
- Operations Management jobs
- Product Management Jobs
- Project/Program Management jobs
- Quality Assurance/Safety jobs
- Strategy jobs
- Supply Chain/Logistics jobs
- User Experience jobs
As you can see, there is a very large base of Walmart jobs to choose from. To see the list of Walmart job openings and to apply to these available jobs at Walmart, you will have to visit their website and follow the instructions there.
Applying for Jobs at Walmart
- The first thing that you will need to do is register with the Walmart website. This is a necessary step, and it must be taken before you can apply for an available job and upload your resume.
- Most job openings will be unseen to you without registering first, so it is advisable to just go ahead and register yourself.
- You will then be asked to fill up the Walmart employment application, and you will also be subjected to a pre-assessment test to check your suitability. This test will depend on the nature of job that you are applying for.
- Once you clear this test, you will be asked to give another Walmart Employment Test before they will interview you.
- The nature of the test and the interview will again depend on the kind of job that you have applied for.
- There are many different types of Walmart jobs, so it is necessary for them to determine if an individual is suited for the kind of job that he/she has applied for.
There are a number of incentives and benefits that a Walmart employee will receive, and the pay is also reasonable. Some associates are even given the option to earn more based on their incentives. At the end of the day, Walmart is a great place to work and their employee loyalty is very high owing to the high levels of job satisfaction.
You can browse through all the available Walmart jobs on their website, and then pick a job that suits you and interests you. Once you apply for the position, they will get back to you and carry the process further.