A thank you letter after a teaching job interview should be sent over within 24 hours after the interview. The article below consists of some thank you letter after interview for teaching samples.
You were lucky to get an appointment for an interview for teaching position and are extremely happy the way it went. You are sure you will be considered a suitable candidate for the job. Your resume writing was impressive and your cover letter helped get your talent across. The interview went just as you had hoped it would and now you wait for the phone to ring for a second interview call. But wait, did you consider sending over your thank you letter after interview for teaching position? If not, then you should promptly do so as this will help give you an edge over other candidates. The following paragraphs will cover the importance of sending thank you letters as well as provide you with a sample letter of thanks.
Importance of Thank You Letter After Interview
A letter of thanks after an interview helps remind the employer that your skills will prove to be an asset for their educational institution. If you do not send a thank you note, you are committing a major faux pas. The interviewer may think you do not know your job search etiquette and are being impolite. Etiquette and politeness are two important virtues that are needed in a teacher. If you fail to showcase them in your thank you letter format, your chances of securing the job may dwindle.
Thank you letters show professionalism in a candidate. It shows that you appreciate the time given by the interviewer and your interest in the job. ‘Thank you’ shows that you have the time to appreciate the time given to you in an interview. You should make sure your letter of thanks after an interview for teaching position is mailed within 24 hours. The correct name, spelling, and designation needs to be mentioned in the letter.
What Should the Letter Contain?
- Thank you notes helps one communicate politeness and respect. It also helps you get personal with the interviewer and gives you a chance to cover information that may have got missed during the interview.
- In case of thank you letter after phone interview, one can cover up all the points that you may have skipped from your mind, thus, adding to your skill set and experience value for the said job.
- The opening paragraph of the letter should express your appreciation for being interviewed. The paragraph should help the interviewer recollect the position he had interviewed you for.
- This paragraph should briefly state the whole interview and the impression you created.
- Next, the body should contain the key points spoken about during the interview that show you are a suitable candidate for the job.
- This paragraph should contain information to highlight your educational qualifications as well as experience.
- Lastly, the closing paragraphs should again contain lines thanking the interviewer and your intention for a follow-up.
- You can either send a handwritten thank you note or a typed letter. A thank you letter can prove to be a deciding point whether or not you will be given a job.
- This letter can also be sent by an e-mail, as many employers tend to check mails everyday.
Thank You Letter Sample
| Your Name
Your Contact Number
Your email address
|Name of Interviewer
Designation of Interviewer
Name of Institution
Address of Institution
Dear Mr./Ms. Name of Interviewer:
Thank you for the opportunity to interview for the position of seventh grade Social Studies teacher at Mayfair Children School. Please also extend my gratitude to the teachers and paraprofessionals who were members of the interview team.
I was impressed with Mayfair Children School, that seems to be a beautiful facility with an atmosphere that is conducive to learning. I enjoyed meeting the students and they seem very happy and content in their surroundings.
After the interview, I am even more excited about this potential opportunity. My education at (Name of College) and experience will make me a suitable candidate for the 7th grade teacher position. In addition, I assure you I will quickly establish rapport with students, show strong classroom management skills, and a strong work ethic. Through my experience of teaching students in my earlier professional endeavors, I gained a strong appreciation of patience with children and ability to manage my classroom. As we discussed, I am also interested in becoming involved with the extracurricular activities.
Again, thank you for such a motivational and stimulating interview. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
This was a sample thank you letter after interview for teaching position that you can refer to while writing your thank you note. You need to proofread your letter twice, and if possible, ask someone else to read it too. As a teacher, you would not want to have grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, and poor sentence formations to be exhibited from your letter writing skills. Hope the above paragraphs have helped you draft professional letters of thanks after interview for your personal use.