Self-evaluation can be extremely important in order to understand where you stand and in this article, we will give you some self-evaluation questions that can be answered to get better insight.
Whether it is way to encourage employees to take a more active part in self-evaluation or whether it is a more personal means of trying and figuring out where you want life to go, questions for self-evaluation can be a great way to gain some clarity. In a professional setting, it can be a way for employers to gauge where employees see themselves. In a more personal scenario, it can be a method to learn what you can do to better your quality of life.
In your work sphere, every year during the appraisal period, it is a possibility that you will be asked to submit self-evaluation forms, in which you will be asked to appraise your performance over the past year. This is done so that the employers get an idea as to how the employee views his performance. While filling out self-evaluation forms it is important that you honestly review the change in your job performance since your last appraisal. You will also need to figure out where you view yourself in the next couple of years that you will be spending at the organization.
Most self-evaluation forms for performance review have a list of questions and these are listed out here.
- Has there been any change in your job description since your last performance appraisal?
- What are the new goals that you have, and what are the additional responsibilities that you have had to undertake in the past year?
- What is the best thing about the job that you presently have and what are the components about your job that you would like to change?
- What are your achievements in the past year that you have worked with this organization?
- Is there any work that you are performing that is outside your specified job description?
- Have you had any misgivings with your superiors in the past year, and is there anything specific that you would like to report?
- Where do you see yourself professionally three years from now? What are your career growth goals?
- What kind of support do you hope for from the organization to help you achieve your career growth goals?
- What are the skills and knowledge that you would like to improve on in so that your work performance is better?
- Do you think that inter and intra-department communication is handled well or do you think that there is scope for improvement?
These are just some of the most common self-evaluation questions that are seen on most forms for self appraisal. These questions may change depending on the policies of the company.
While generally questions that help in self-evaluation are used in professional settings, from time to time, when you are unsure of where life if headed, it may be a good idea to sit down and answer questions that will help you evaluate your life. Given below are some self-evaluation questions that will help you get a deeper insight into your life.
- According to you what are your strengths? List out five personality traits that you know has held you in good stead?
- What is your biggest talent and do you think it would be possible for you to take it up professionally?
- If your friends and family members were asked to name your biggest fault, what do you think they would mention?
- Do you like your job and what is the best thing about your career choice?
- Are you content with your personal life? If not, then what about it is aggravating for you?
- What are the skills that you have learned in the past few years that you know has helped you both professionally and personally?
- In the past five years, which are the biggest hurdles that you have faced, and what have you learned from these obstacles/mistakes?
- Have you thought of what you would like to do in the future and what you are aiming for in the next five years, both personally and professionally?
- How do you spend your time outside work? What are the different things that you volunteer for?
While these questions may not seem very all-encompassing, they will definitely go a long way in helping you determine where you want your life to go. Hopefully, these questions for self-evaluation will help you get an insight into your professional and personal life.