Postcard marketing is being key promotion mediums for small and middle scale firms & retailers to attract large customer chunk.
Marketing is the process of making customers aware of products and services, attracting new customers to a product or service, keeping existing customers interested in a product or service, building and maintaining a customer base for a product or service.
Marketing includes the activities of listening to customer needs, assessing the competitive landscape and then designing and creating products and services accompanied by messages that shape audience perceptions, leading to opportunities for revenue.
We have immense mediums to market & promote our business. Cost, speed and response rates are key attributes in any campaign.
Modern marketing era has introduced many levels of promotion. However TV ads, hoardings, newspapers, magazines and celebrities are considered in heavy & expensive mediums. If you are looking for less expensive, effective and speedy mediums, send your good news to your customers through postcard.
About Postcard Marketing
“Any business. Any service. Any product. Any target.” – is a simple definition of promotion through postcard marketing.
This type of marketing is being key promotion mediums for small and middle scale firms & retailers to attract large customer chunk.
Since early days postcard marketing has been favorite for guerilla marketers. Why?
1. Postcards are the fastest, easiest, most reliable way to dramatically increase your sales and profits without spending an extra dime more on advertising or promotion.
2. Postcards are eye-catching. A beautiful, full color glossy postcard is not going in the trash without first being read.
3. Postcards don’t need to be opened. They’re “naked” mail. No more trying to write envelope copy to get your prospects and customers to see what’s inside.
4. Postcards are ‘guerrilla marketing’ at its finest – they target your customers one-by-one instead of mass advertising.
5. Postcards are associated with happy memories – we all like getting postcards from friends and family on holidays.
6. Postcards create a pleasant emotional response because they are usually received by friends and family.
7. It is hidden from your competitor’s eyes. When you advertise your business anywhere else, your competition knows it. But when you use postcards to communicate with your customers, it is direct to them and your competition will have no idea.
8. If you are asking recipients to bring the card into your store for a special discount then it is easy to track campaign success rate also.
9. Postcard marketing is affordable, even for the smallest of businesses.
10. Cost of 5,000 postcards sized of 4.25″x6″ be somewhere $200. Isn’t it cheap to convey your message?
11. Postcards achieve almost 100 percent readership and generate a high rate of response.
Well now you agree to send postcards to your dear customers. But what will you send inside?
1. Gift Certificates & coupons
2. Sales after service
3. New schemes & products
4. Make them your favorites and invite them for special sale
5. Announcing your web presence
6. Special days – Holidays, birthdays & festivals
Request to be in touch
1. Gratitude. Make your customers part of your every success. Thanks them on your success or awards.
2. Invite customers on special events
3. The firm’s move to a larger office
4. Survey forms with pre paid postage
What do you need at least to promote yourself through postcard marketing?
1. Identify your best customers or target market. Manage customers database & details on their first visit. Your first letter may be “Dear Customers” to invite them to your shop or nearest show room but latter on it should be personalized.
2. Print beautiful design & colored post card.
3. Hire advertising & promotion agency if needed.
4. Use online media or web to promote e-cards!
5. Make your marketing plan genuinely.
6. Don’t invest heavily on printing. Your postcard should look like a message from friend. Remember it is not an advertisement.
7. You can use Microsoft Publisher to design postcard your own way.
8. Even you can use portal like needpostcards.com to design cards in best way.
Probably we are clear regarding post card marketing. However, it is to remind that postcard marketing is a part of guerilla marketing. Guerilla marketing is an unconventional marketing intended to get maximum results from minimal resources. Thus it is advisable to use postcard marketing as healthy tool to promote yourself.