Looking to draft a medical office assistant’s resume? Look no further. Read through this article to find out how to make one for yourself.
Medical office assistant jobs are one of the hot job options amongst the many opportunities in the medical field. In order to become a certified medical assistant, a graduate must undertake a medical assistant certification, which is administered by the American Association of Medical Assistants. A certified individual can apply in a private physician/doctor’s practice, hospitals, clinics, health care centers, and other ambulatory care facilities.
With so many job openings for one position, it is important that one makes a resume that is impressive, and that enlists all the basic duties and responsibilities that one has undertaken in their previous experience. An applicant’s resume is judged on the basis of the number of tasks he/she is capable of performing. Let us peek into the world of medical office assistants, by understanding their role in the medical sector, through an overview of the responsibilities and duties associated with the post.
Medical Office Assistant: Job Description
It involves performing an array of duties and responsibilities that include both administrative as well as clinical duties.
- Scheduling appointments for patients
- Answering phone calls
- Maintaining medical records of the patients
- Accommodating emergency cases in the basic schedule
- Bookkeeping or maintaining office records other than patient records
- Handling medical billing and claims
- Explain the admission procedures to the patients
- Overseeing the use of laboratory equipment, purchasing and maintaining them, and other office supplies
- Stocking the equipment as per the requirement, after consulting with the physician/doctor
Administrative duties can be performed by any graduate. However, performing clinical duties varies according to the state law. Many health care centers and hospitals require a graduate to take a certified exam to perform the duties mentioned below.
- Assist the doctors during patient examination
- Undertake basic laboratory tests
- Sterilize medical equipment
- Making notes of patient’s medical history
- Take x-rays and other lab specimens as part of the diagnostic tests
Sample Resume of a Medical Office Assistant
112, Copperfield Road
Email: [email protected]
Medical Receptionist, ABC Health Care Center, MI, May 1998 – July 2001
Medical Assistant, XYZ Health Care Center, MI, August 2001 – Present
Medical office assistant jobs are considered to be one of the best careers in medicine, and if you are qualified to be one, then go ahead and make the most impressive resume to obtain one of the most interesting and challenging jobs, and be proud to be in the possession of a job that requires such immense knowledge and skills. All the best!