In the following article, a brief explanation about internal auditor resume and a corresponding resume sample or example has been given. Some important common pointers and leads as to how write an effective internal auditor resume has been given. To know more, read on.
The position of an internal auditor in a company is the one that shoulders a significant amount of responsibility. An internal auditor does not conduct audit for the general public. However, the Chief Audit Executive, the Audit Committee and also the Board of Directions rely on the audit and recommendations of the internal auditor. During a regular audit, the audit notes and audited books of accounts are used by the Audit Committee for cross conformation and as a secondary reference. Hence on the whole, the position of internal auditors is not just important, but a lot of people and their decisions depend on the work done by him.
Tips for an Effective Resume
Well first off, writing a resume for such a position is going to be tough job owing to the fact that your resume is going to be the first impression on the manager from human resource department. When it comes to the recruitment of such personnel, companies are always on the look out for a completely flawless and efficient resume. Hence even a small mistake, distortion or any kind of non-clarity in it can result into discarding of your resume, so basically, no mistakes, to the point, precise and effective is the mantra to write such a resume. Here are some additional tips:
- Stick to the Format: It is essential that you stick to the format of the resume no matter what. A disciplined, uniform and fluently written resume indicates that you are convention and rule abiding self-disciplined person who is fond of common protocol
- Presentation: Presenting the entire resume in a crispy manner also helps a lot. Accounting is all about presentation of figures and data in different manners and also involves presentation of the conclusions that you have drawn from the data, in the best possible manner. Hence the better your resume, the better is your impression on your potential employers
- Language Flow: Being an auditor, such as an internal auditor, you need to have great communication skills. Hence your potential employer is bound to check the language flow and general grammar of the resume
- Crispy: Now this is a great trick to impress the employer. A crispy resume which flows swiftly, and explains a lot of things in the least possible words, as comprehensively as possible, makes a great impression
- To the Point: In this given resume, make it a point to write only what matters. Now things such as social work or humanitarian work can be included, however avoid hobbies or irrelevant achievements. Mentioning some prestigious achievement such as an international medal in sports or a prestigious award in music or art will be great
On the whole, make it a point to write a resume of which you shall be significantly proud of. Also you can go through several drafts before finalizing the one which you want to actually send over.
Internal Auditor Resume Sample
|Dr. Larry J. Marshall
Address, Email and Contact details
Possess about 15 years of experience in accounting, general and internal auditing and have worked with 3 different firms and companies for internal auditing.
Please note that all the names of the companies and the person are completely fictitious. I hope that the elaboration on the resume of an internal auditor, given above, was resourceful.