Computer professionals are among those who earn relatively higher salaries than other fields. In the article below, you will come across some interesting computer science careers with salaries.
High salaries are always a means to divert the attention of the young and old alike. The field of computers and information technology has seen a tremendous growth over the last two decades and is still on a rise. There are different types of job designations in this profession. There are software developers and programmers who concentrate explicitly on the program coding and development. Software designers form a part of the design and analysis phase of the SDLC (software development life cycle), testers test the program codes, and there are system analysts and technicians and consultants as well. A list of computer science careers with salaries has been compiled below for your reference.
The Software Industry
- Proper computer networking is very essential in this world of advanced technology, to connect small or large organizations and share the resources.
- Whether these organizations are included in the Information Technology (I.T.) sector or not, does not matter.
- Career opportunities as a network administrator can provide you experience in areas, like safeguarding people trying to infiltrate into the network, providing resources to connected workstations in a network, preventing access to banned resources through computers, providing technical support, network security, and taking care of the computer systems.
- These aspects of the job make it very lucrative. The annual median salary for this field varies between USD 40,000 to USD 80,000.
- Programmers work for software companies in the field of software development.
- Knowing programming languages, like C, C++, JAVA, ASP.Net, and expertise in web applications, which are the fastest growing concepts, is a must for people interested in computer programming careers.
- You can enter this field with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in I.T.
- The annual median salary in programming is between USD 50,000 to USD 100,000.
- Software testers do the task of studying and analyzing the software developed by software developers, and detect flaws and errors in their functioning.
- The scope for this job of software testing is quite wide – it also has applications in preparation of software for games.
- You can firmly establish yourself in this field by doing a master’s program from a reputed university. There are many certifications available as well that will increase your scope of getting a good job.
- Talented software testers earn a decent salary package between USD 45,000 to USD 100,000.
- Also known as computer scientists, DBAs are usually engaged in tasks, such as hardware creation and network design for data communication.
- They also help prepare robots, maintain the data communication networks, websites, and store the organized data.
- A suitable degree from a good institute along with related certifications will help you bag a salary package between USD 40,000 – USD 80,000.
- The field of cyber law is growing at a great pace and is creating many job opportunities for deserving candidates.
- In this course, you will be studying the basics of technology, digital contract laws, e-governance, the Information Technology Act, cyber laws issues, the world scene in the field of cyber law, and the issues of intellectual property.
- Professionals in this field earn between USD 50,000 to USD 100,000.
- Graphic designing is one of the most lucrative computer careers, since they perform a variety of duties, like website design, creating video games, logo designs for different companies, products and websites, and creating ads using software like PhotoShop.
- The multi-media designers work in the arenas of animation, television, and mass media.
- The earning for this field is believed to be between USD 35,000 to USD 65,000.
In the Military
- The computer department in the military require professionals to handle the job responsibilities, which are more or less same as that of the network administrators.
- Their duties will be troubleshooting the problems occurring in the network, maintaining the network, protecting it from viruses, designing the software programs for the use of the military, etc.
- Since this is a government job, you may be eligible to get much more benefits, incentives, and perks as regular government employees.
- The salaries for government jobs are fixed by the government. You will have to work hard to polish your educational qualifications, experience, and specialization.
- Computer forensic investigators (most of them are software engineers) work in the field of computers in criminal justice.
- You can get jobs in the law enforcement agencies and can earn a salary between USD 40,000 and USD 80,000. This is one of the highest paying jobs in the computer field.
The above information will help you to choose a suitable one as per your interests and inclinations. To succeed in these careers, keeping yourself constantly updated with the latest technologies and practice them to gain perfection is of utmost importance.