Administrative managers play a key role in the success of an organization. This article will give you relevant information about their job and salary.
Running a company or organization successfully requires perfect planning and arrangement on the part of senior executives of the company. It is not possible for senior level executives to look at the day-to-day working of the office, because most of the time they are occupied with other important tasks. That is why, administrative managers are hired to overlook the functioning of the office. They report directly to the senior management and this helps establish a link between employees and the management. Their salary is impressive because of their utility to the organization they work for.
The salary of administrative managers is improving as they are much in demand in almost all fields. The median salary is around $75,000 per year as per the information provided by job market experts. However, it requires a good deal of knowledge and experience to reach this salary figure. Initially, salaries for these managers can be in the range of $35,000 to $45,000 per year. With around four to six years of experience in the industry, the salaries for admin managers can be in the range of $45,000 to $65,000 per year.
Almost all industries employ admin managers. Here is a list of these industries:
- State and Local Government
- Real Estate
- Construction and Infrastructure
- Educational Institutions
Salaries for admin managers can be around $55,000 to $78,000 per year in educational institutions and between $60,000 to $74,000 in the government sector. The salary in the medical field is believed to be the highest and it is around $80,000 per year.
Salary for admin managers largely depend on their performance at work, skills, type of employer, and location of job. Multinational companies will naturally pay more as compared to local companies. However, one must be able to work for longer hours in such companies. Salaries are more in metropolitan cities as compared to the smaller ones. One should study the cost of living in such cities before taking up the job offer.
- Administrative managers have to allot tasks to all employees as instructed by the senior management.
- They work hard to make the office a better working place and see to it that working in the office is a pleasurable experience.
- They have to take care of the office infrastructure and replace old furniture or electrical appliances with new ones. For this, they have to get in touch with accounts/finance department for funds.
- They play a key role in the firing activity and make necessary arrangements for the same.
- Administrative managers organize and arrange for board meetings and briefing sessions for employees.
- They have to keep a daily tab on the attendance, leaves and incoming and out-going time of the employees. They maintain a record of attendance which is useful to the accounts department for salary computation.
The duties are tough and they require him to be physically fit and capable of working for long hours. If the need persists, administrative managers might have to work on weekends to ensure high level of operational efficiency. Presence of mind, logical thinking, hardworking nature, problem solving ability, and ability to work in a team structure is what make a good admin manager.
Becoming an administrative manager is not a difficult task if you have the above qualities. As far as the educational qualifications are concerned, an admin manager should have at least a bachelor’s degree. A master’s degree in business administration, accounting or management can help you get the best jobs in the industry.
This is really an exciting career for those who wish to interact with people and are outgoing by nature. Hoping that you will work on your career seriously after reading this, I would like to sign off here. All the best!