Increased competition on the web demands that your website must be optimized effectively to make it a success. In this MarketingWit article, we tell you how to do exactly that so that you get maximum visibility.
With millions of websites existing on the Internet and that number growing every minute, the strategic importance of well structured website design has grown by leaps and bounds. There is a huge earning potential on the Internet, and experts say that it’s just the tip of the iceberg that we’re witnessing in this era. Cyber space can provide you an opportunity to earn much more than you can imagine. Nonetheless, with such large number of websites competing with each other, excellent optimization is of immense value.
Why is Website Optimization Important?
Undoubtedly, if you’re serious about carrying out your business online, then you can’t afford to miss out on optimizing your website. This is because if the customers, to whom you’re offering your services, are unable to find your presence on the Internet, then your business is bound to fail.
A popular study shows that nearly 85% of web users use Internet search engines to search for information on the Internet, or to buy products. Now, this is a huge number and you can’t neglect it. If your website is not ranking in the top 20 results, chances are very bleak that your business idea will succeed.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO), has become a crucial parameter for every website owner. Being technically smart is essential to get ranked in search engine results. Some crucial technical aspects of SEO are:
- Keywords: Based on your website contents, you’ve to do proper keyword research. Selecting few and important keywords can boost your rankings on search engine pages.
- Meta Tags: Contained between HTML tags, meta tags provide crucial information to your customer about what exactly your website is all about. The meta tags must include a clear description about what exactly your website offers.
- Image ALT tags: After the URL of an image on website, an image ALT tag comes. Ensure you insert a readable keyword phrase within this tag.
- Title Tags: Put the most important keyword phrase of your website in the title tag as that helps in achieving higher rankings.
- Texts: The more quality and SEO organized content you have, better will be the chances of your success. The text must contain keywords at least three or four times and the keywords can be rated as main, primary, and secondary.
Besides dedicated SEO efforts, marketing and advertising also play vital roles. In case you’re wondering how to advertise, you can consider Internet advertising, like social networking and other simple techniques of Internet marketing. If you’re thinking about ways to increase your website traffic, then you can consider various simple options to optimize your traffic.