Examples of sales letters are a good reference point for anyone who wants to add sales to existing marketing strategy to enhance their business in the market.
Sales letters serve an important purpose of increasing the customer base of your company. They are an important constituent of any form of business writing. Most people tend to find it a cumbersome task because it can be difficult trying to praise a product without sounding like a braggart. It is actually not that tough if you can objectively list out the benefits of the product you are offering, and the gains that the client will garner. In order to do so, it is always better to take a look at examples that will prove to be a guideline for you.
How to Write a Sales Letter
If you are writing a sales letter, then your primary concern is going to be grabbing eyeballs for the product or service that you are selling. For this, you will need to ensure that not only is your letter direct and to the point, but also enlists all the benefits that your potential client could gain from using your product. Given below are some tips that will help you write a letter, that is effective and beneficial for your company.
- Ensure that the first line of the letter is a hook, which forces the reader to read it further. You can highlight the benefits that the reader will get from dealings with your company.
- The bulk of your letter should highlight the USP of your product. Ensure that you mention what the client will gain from the product in simple language, and how it is unique to your product.
- Sure, go ahead and write about the features of the product. After all, it is important that a prospective client knows everything about the product, but focus on writing more about the gains that the client will enjoy. This will increase the pull that you have on your customer.
- If it is possible, it may be a good idea to attach testimonials from existing customers with the letter. This will increase the trustworthiness of the letter.
- Always remember that it is important to package the letter properly. If you are going to send out the letters in plain white envelopes, with absolutely no frills, there are chances that the client is going to throw it out. Include a sample if possible. Use colors and formatting that will attract the client, and force him to read the letter.
- It is always a good idea to follow-up with a personal phone call to ensure that client has received it, so that you can learn whether or not he is interested in having dealings with your firm.
Name of Your Organization
Name of Client
The introductory paragraph of the letter should start with a sentence that grabs the attention of the reader. Then go ahead to thank the reader for the interest that he/she has shown in the product that you are selling, or the services that your organization provides, and convey the benefits and incentives that a client or consumer of the company will be eligible for.
The second paragraph can act as a testimony to any sample product that you have sent along. It is always a good idea to do so, because a new client can then see for himself the good points of the product. You can also describe limited offer promotions or discounts, that your organization will be offering to anyone who becomes a regular client.
The third paragraph of the article will have your contact details like your phone number, your location, and the office timings of your organization. Also include details like the account manager for the client, and any other details that could be helpful for the consumer (like toll free numbers).
Elm Oak Street
Dear Ms. Kayla,
How would you like to see more space in the parking lot of your auto dealership? Well, the solution to that is enclosed with this letter. The smart card which when attached to the services that you provide will ensure increased customer loyalty. But before we tell you about the benefits that you will gain from subscribing to these cards, we would like to thank you for showing an interest in our product.
The SmartCarz card that we are offering is an opportunity for you to increase your sales of cars, services, and accessories. But all of that will be secondary compared to the goodwill, that you will surely enjoy in the market. Add to that, the surety of buzz that your clients will create for you, once they have enjoyed the fruits of being loyal customers with you.
So, what does the SmartCarz card do? SmartCarz card is a customer loyalty and gift card venture, that will increase the sales of your dealership and in the process, generate revenue for you. As you can see on the sample card attached with this letter, we will customize the front of the card to showcase your dealership and create an unparalleled visual identity for you. On the back of the card is a magnetic strip that records details about the client every time he/she swipes it for merchandise or services at your dealership. You can hand out these cards to customers whose business you want to attract and increase. The entire venture is managed using a simple software, that can be enabled on personal computers, if you decide to enter an agreement without company. The best part of the deal is that the cost of buying the system, operating it, and the printing of the cards together will cost you less than one percent of the transaction price of each car that you sell in a year.
If you would like to receive any more information about our product or organization, you can visit our website www.simplebiz-smartcarz.com. You can also contact me at the address given above or on the phone number – 0987-3450-432.
Hope the above example and template have cleared any doubts that you had about the correct format of sales letters. There are several sites online and many books that will give you free examples, in case you want some more letters for reference.